Thank you everyone for coming and making our Wine & Cake Social so amazing. Keep in touch!
1) Deborah Lauren, a fantastic super creative cake designer. Her unique designs, awards, and publications speak for themselves. Her five-tiered vegan gluten-free confection was definitely a statement piece at Alec Baldwin & Hilaria Thomas’s wedding.
2) Sue Phillips, president of ScenterprisesTM and creator of TIFFANY, BURBERRYS and many iconic fragrances. Sue takes her clients on a ‘fragrance journey’ to create their own ‘bespoke’ or Signature Perfume! Sue formed SCENTERPRISES ™ a global marketing & branding company in 1990 and has developed innovative fragrances for companies such as Avon, Bath & Body Works, Burberry, Trish McEvoy, Origins and others.
3) Ro Howe, Barraud Caterers LTD — has twice been an invited guest chef for The James Beard Foundation. Howe, who trained at Le Cordon Bleu, has appeared as a guest chef on Gourmet Magazine’s Executive Chef, Sara Moulton’s show, ‘Cooking Live’ on the TV Food Network. Barraud Caterers, which has been favorably rated by The Franklin Report and Zagat, was selected as one of only four established caterers featured in New York Magazine’s Summer Weddings 2010.
4) Stacy Crowe at FloNY Events. FloNY Events is a one-of-a-kind amazingly creative team of highly motivated and talented professionals. They are located in the heart of NYC’s 28th Street flower district and work with a lot of well-established corporate clients as well as celebrity event planners and individuals.
5) Lilly Rivera at BridalGal Lilly is a celebrity makeup artist with over 25 years of experience in the cosmetics, beauty and bridal industries. Her highly regarded work and technique enhance a woman’s most striking feature, earning her star status with such beauties as Lauren Bush, Rachel Hunter, Amanda Hearst, Anh Duong, and Patricia Duff.
6) Jeanenne LaBella at La Bella Planners La Bella Planners (LBP) is a leading boutique wedding and event planning agency, serving the New York City and Long Island areas.
7) Rochelle Williams at Creative Outlook Designs. Rochelle is a graphic designer and innovator of custom and unique invitations. Her work experience in graphic design and degree in Interactive Media Design has afforded her the opportunity to work with all types of clients, small businesses, and corporations. Rochelle’s true design passion is conceptualizing and designing unique paper products for life’s special events.
8) Tatiana Valerie, the event organizer and the owner of Artvesta Studio – a full service photography and videography production company based out of New York City.
Flo New York Events presented a fresh ‘English Garden’ inspired arrangement in classic whites and natural green tones paired with a blooming Cherry Blossom arrangement. Spring was in full bloom for our guests!
The culinary extraordinaire, Ro Howie presented the following mouth-watering hors d’oeuvres:
The Thai curry Scotch eggs: quail eggs, boiled to medium to hold their shape and stability, wrapped in ground beef – seasoned with Thai curry spices, rolled in breadcrumbs and fried. They were heated and garnished with a mint leaf and tomato-mango chutney.
The Corn and Burrata Ravioli: filled with fresh corn, burrata – a very creamy mozzarella, a pinch of red chili pepper, chives and Parmesan cheese.
The Salmon Crudo with Yuzu-Apple Mayonnaise in Nori Cups was served in a tiny pastry cup, lined with toasted nori, with a dollop of yuzu mayonnaise and the lemon dressed salmon topped with a sprinkle of wasabi pea powder.
Deborah Lauren from City Sweets and Confections made some heavenly cake samples in the following flavors:
Morello Cherry cake with Valrhona chocolate whiskey butter cream
Red velvet cake with Madagascar vanilla butter cream
Gluten-free coconut cake with passion fruit cream
Pistachio cake with Madagascar vanilla butter cream
And a Flowerless Chocolate Soufflé cake sample could be found in every gift bag!
Tatiana Valerie giving some posing pointers to the bride-to-be for perfect wedding photos.
Our guests had a lot of fun creating their own custom perfume at Sue Phillips’ scentarium by mixing various floral, woodsy, and citrusy fragrances.